Mount Doug 85th Celebration
Have you heard the news Mount Doug is 85!!!!!!!! See all we are doing at https://www.facebook.com/Mount-Douglas-Alumni-Association-1393252820888292/?ref=bookmarks and https://www.facebook.com/groups/1609271312736732/Save the dates November 4/5, 2016
Seeking a Treasurer
To whom it may concern: !
This letter is written on behalf of the Mount Doug Alumni Association. We are looking for a treasurer for our active board and wanted to know if your company happens to have any Mt Doug Alum that would be willing to join our board in that capacity.
Our board of directors meets every other month September to June on a Wednesday at 7 pm at Mt Douglas Secondary School in the library.
- The role of the treasurer would be:
- attend regular board meeting and give a financial report of our funds
- attend executive meetings usually a week before our board meetings
- monthly reconciliation of bank account
- write cheques for expenses & distribute
- deposit to bank account any funds received
- prepare financial reports for board meetings and our AMG
- issue charitable receipts and letters for all donations that come in by mail or at events
- liaise with the Victoria Foundation, along with the president, about our bursary funds
- complete and submit the annual T3010 return and submit to charities Directorate
- generally oversee the financial health of the MDAA
I believe firms such as yours often encourage their employees to be involved in the community and to volunteer and give back in some way. This would be the ideal position to fill that expectation. If you would like information on what some of our past, present and future projects/events are, feel free to contact me. I would appreciate a reply to this request, one way or the other, after speaking to your staff. Weʼd sincerely welcome them as a director/treasurer to our board.
Thank you for your time and attention to this request.
c/o Mt Douglas Secondary School
3970 Gordon Head Road
Victoria BC V8N 3X3
AGM on May 13th 7pm MDSS library.
Do come & join us! Bring a friend. See you there!
Welcome Mount Doug Alumni Association members to our latest newsletter for you. Happy Spring! We have a great deal to share as it has been some time since our last communication with you. Do enjoy our offerings!
1984 class 30th this past summer was a big success, as was the 1964 class 50th. Thanks to the organizing committees! See photos on our website www.mountdougalumni.com - under Reunions Past.
Changed email addresses?
You can change your email address by clicking on the link in the Welcome to the Mount Doug Alumni message you received when you originally joined or you can use the 'To update your preferences link' at the bottom of each newsletter you have received. Enter in the new email address you want to use on the update page and submit the changes. Your membership will revert to the unconfirmed status and a confirmation email will be resent to the new email address. You can then click on the confirm link and the change of address will be complete.
If you no longer have access to the email you originally joined with let us know to update our info so you receive our semi- annual newsletters with ease & any news bulletins. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys' tasketball tournament this weekend (Feb 27-Mar1) hosted at Mount Doug. Come cheer on the MD boys!
Alumni- Elaine Kao
Hello Everyone. We are currently trying out a new element to our Blog post in which we highlight differnt MD Alumni. This week is Elaine Kao. She has filled out a little survey telling us all a little bit about herself. Elaine is also just opening up a small art studio in Victoria and we here at the alumni association wish her all the best!
1. Name: Elaine Kao
2. Graduation year: 2006
3. Favourite song(s) then/now:
THEN: most things Nsync
NOW: For the First Time in Forever~ Frozen
4. Favourite movie(s) then/now:
5. Most memorable MD moment: Mr.Quast recited Backstreet Boys lyrics like poetry at the beginning of one math class.
6. Most memorable MD teacher: Mr.Hurley because he let me do artwork of my own choice while everyone else did some boring stuff
7. Most difficult part of MD/highschool: Thinking back on high school...nothing was actually that difficult
8. Where do you call home now, what do you enjoy about your home city: I'm back in Victoria! I studied in Vancouver and got a Diploma, then returned to Victoria to finish my BFA, then went to Alberta and just finished my BEd
9. What is your current occupation, please briefly describe: I just completed my Bachelor of Education majoring in Art Ed and minoring in Music Ed so I'm hoping to find a teaching job in Victoria. I also teach piano and ukulele.
10. Favourite part of your occupation: I love working with kids They inspire me.
11. Can MD students/alumni contact you to learn further about your occupation: of course
12. How can we follow/contact you: People can find links and info from my page http://about.me/elainekao and also my Dino & Panda Inc facebook page: www.facebook.com/Dino.Panda.Inc
MD Girls Basketball Schedule
Please cheer on the Mount Doug girls during their 2015 basketball season. Schedule below:
Thurs, January 8: Claremont @ Mt. Doug, 5:45
Tues, January 13:Oak Bay@ Mt. Doug, 5:45 Double
Tues, January 20: Spectrum @ Mt. Doug, 5:45 Double
Tues, January 27: Mt. Doug @ Belmont,
Thurs, February 5: Stellys @ Oak Bay, 5:45
Tues, February 10: Lower Island Playoffs
February 12-14: Island Playoffs
Fill The Foyer
Fill The Foyer is back at Mount Doug December 1 - 12
Let’s all work together to Fill-Our-Foyer with food and NEW toys to make Christmas special for our sponsored families. Each Christmas, Mount Douglas adopts a school with “Families in Need” to provide food for the families and toys for the children. It is an awesome, heartfelt tradition and one we would love to see you support. The Grad Council spearheads this ALL-school and community event but we are asking the help of all staff, students, parents, alumni, clubs and teams to make this food and toy drive a HUGE success.
New Blog Page for the MDA
Welcome to the Mount Doug Alumni Blog page. Periodically we will post here to keep you informed of what the MDA is doing or working on. Please make use of the subscribe form to the right to make sure you do not miss anything, new blog posts will be sent right to your email inbox.