As the Alumni group started looking at the history of Mount Doug, we quickly realized that recording our accomplishments and boasting about them hasn't been the way Mount Doug students and staff have celebrated achievements. We are hoping as the alumni come together we can create a rich summary of stories and recollections that we can incorporate into this site.
Mount Douglas officially opened on November 18, 1931 at the now Cedar Hill Middle School site on Cedar Hill Road. In 1970 the school relocated to the present location on Gordon Head Road the former site of Gordon Head Junior High School. Mount Douglas High/Secondary School quickly became and remains to this day simply Mount Doug/Mt.Doug
When the school first opened in 1931 it was valued at $25,519